Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Predawn Brilliance

Well it was a chilly morning but the thing of note was a new light was plugged into the old dynamo. This one featured 4 k2 luxeon LEDs. 3 with 3degree spot lense and one with an ovalized pattern lens. This thing is extremely bright. I think I have hit generator light nirvanna. This one is a bit brighter than my last one and the beam pattern is much better due to my adjusting the angles of the various LEDs so as to make a longer beam that was still bright. Now to start the endurance trials on this baby (nothing like a regular commute to test equipment). My last version was still going strong after a thousand miles so I have high hopes for this one. These Collimators (special lens for LEDs and lasers) seem to be a bit better than the last ones. I am ready for the Spring Brevets now.
As for the Commute itself, it was a bit of a push as I have not been eating much lately to lose weight and the legs just aren't recovering as well. My goal is to get below 200 before the January 200k brevet and be down to 190 before the 600k in March. I will try and get some pics of my new light in the next post.

1 comment:

Bruce's Bike Blog said...

Hey! I want to see pictures of the lights! Full Speed Ahead on getting ready for the Brevets, mon ami!

Cheers!

Bruce