Monday, October 13, 2008

Much better

Ok, after Friday's really depressing post I though I would post something a little more positive. I headed out on a bike ride this morning to take my last paycheck down to the bank. I had a good ride. It was 54 degrees out and It was the first ride of the fall with leg warmers and a long sleeved jersey. I headed down power road to my bank which I discovered had moved. I looked for it around the new location for a long time but couldn't find it. After a brief consultation with my wife via cell phone I finally found it. It was closed. Even though almost everyone else in the free world has to work on Columbus day, bank workers get it off. As I did not have a pen I bought one at the local gas station and made my deposit in the night/holiday deposit box and was off for home. I had originally intended a ride of 18 miles or so but ended up with 27 as I rolled into our neighborhood.
Incidentally my depressed mood went into Saturday and was gone Saturday night. At this point I am confident I will find a job, I have several interviews coming up, and I may already have something which I am hoping to hear from soon. Anyway, I think my challenge now is keeping busy between interviews. In the meantime I am going to take a good bike ride every morning.

No comments: