Wednesday, August 27, 2008



Outside my bedroom window, so early in the day,
I peek to see the weather, It's cold and wet and grey,
Shivering, I rouse myself, and round up all my stuff,
excitement spurs my hurriedness, the August rains I love,
the cloudy sky, the tepid breeze, that blows upon my back,
the gentle dripping rain, that wets the forward track,
The sound of treadless tires, that splash through water still,
Fill my soul with happiness, and make my heart to thrill
for thinking back on burning days, with water but a ghost,
and searching for a brief oasis, with liquid for to host.
Endless turning of the pedals, while thirst does burn within,
and oft the heat withdraws from me, a grimace from a grin.
But today the dripping of the sky, removes the pain aghast,
today those thoughts are washed away, the rain has come at last
today those thoughts are washed away, the rain has come at last

1 comment:

Tom said...

Sounds like a godsend. Boy i miss western mountains. But I enjoy the rain here!

Thanks for the words...